Social Distancing Reduces Traffic At Brentwood Farmer's Market
Mayor Garcetti talks with Mike Bonin and first responders during Dec 2017 fire.
BHA Weekend Update
Sent Date: 12/14/19
Fire Station Station 19 and LAPD asked us to extend thanks to our members who contributed funds and toys this holiday season.
Burglary in Brentwood
We met this week with our West LAPD team of officers and we were told crime is down substantially, nearly 22%, thanks to increased undercover patrols, homeowner diligence and faster responses to crimes in progress.
Here is a summary of things homeowners are doing to keep their homes safe.
1. Cameras With Alerts - Burglars rarely break in from the front of a home, which means they are going down your side yards to gain access to the rear of a home. Cameras on both sides, and the back porch or yard, can alert your mobile phone if someone is on your property and you can alert police to a crime in progress.
2. Packages and Periodicals - As vacation season approaches, make sure a neighbor or a friend is clearing your porch and driveway of any deliveries while you are away. Slow down when checking out on Amazon and others and note the delivery date does not coincide with your days away.
3. Alarms and Locks - We all have them, but believe it or not, many people don't use them. Make sure all windows and doors are locked while you are out of the house and the alarm is set.
4. Dogs and Sitters - If you are going away this month, think about a reliable house sitter to stay with your pets. Homes with dogs of any size are rarely targets and burglars are not usually looking for a confrontation.
5. Update and Landscape - Does your home look "lived in" with well kept landscaping and lighting? Burglars may target homes that look like people are not frequently home or visited. Be out front once in a while, tending to the front yard or just hanging out.
Lastly, Brentwood IS one of the safest areas in Los Angeles, BUT there are bad people looking for victims. Be aware of your surroundings as you drive up to your home, that you haven't been followed. It's rare to be a victim, but once you are, you will never forget it. Let's be safe and do what we can to avoid it.
Search BURGLARY on our website to stay informed or see this link for more tips!